Downloadable 2019 Schedule PDF
2019 Conference Sessions and Notes:
- Giving Students AIIRSS: Using the ACRL Framework to Orient Online Students (Standard) by Jon Hudson and Jennifer Castle (South College)
- Threshold Concepts as Foundation for Librarian-Teaching Faculty Collaboration (Standard) by Lauren M. Young (Samford University)
- BEAM Me Up: Considering Usefulness for Source Synthesis (Interactive) by Ashley Roach-Freiman (University of Memphis)
- Librarians as Instructional Partners based on Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education (Standard) by Angel Sloss (Tennessee State University)
- Critical Literacy: Reframing Information for the Academically Underprepared (Standard) by Paige Hendrickson (Motlow State Community College)
- How to Draw Toast: One Library’s Experience Planning and Holding an Instruction Retreat (Interactive) by Andrew Foskey (Chattanooga State Community College) and Kelly Rhodes (Appalachian State University)
- Keeping Up With TEL by Andrea Zielke: Brief overview of new TEL resources as well as a sneak peek into the upcoming changes to make the interfaces more accessible and standardized across the different databases.
- EBSCO Talk by Zach O’Dell: 5 minute talk on EBSCO Solutions and new features to help locate and access resources.
- Towards a More Collaborative Experience: Connecting with Library and Departmental Faculty to Improve and Expand Archival Instruction (Standard) by Jennifer McGillan and Jessica Perkins Smith (Mississippi State University)
- “Begin with a Moment:” A Pilot Study of a Method for Supporting Information Creativity in First Year Writing Instruction (Standard) by Mark Dahlquist (Miami University)
- Cutting Books Along the Straight and Narrow (Standard) by Arya Hackney (Lincoln Memorial University)
- Pendergrass Clue: Exploring Library Instruction through Board Games (Interactive) by Holly Dean, Allison Shepard, Isabella Baxter, and Zoe Bastone (The University of Tennessee)